FMC SpaceWire/SpaceFibre Board
The FMC-SpaceWire/SpaceFibre board is an FPGA Mezzanine Card which is designed to extend the capabilities of an FPGA development board by adding support for SpaceWire and SpaceFibre interfaces. The board has four SpaceWire ports and two SpaceFibre ports, each with accompanying programmable status LEDs.
The board is a partially populated High Pin Count (HPC) mezzanine card which implements the ANSI VITA 57.1 standard. The interfaces provided by the board are listed below.
- 16 LVDS differential pairs used for SpaceWire
- 2 Gigabit Transceiver differential pairs used for SpaceFibre
- 20 single ended signals for GPIO or test purposes
- 2 Gigabit Transceiver differential clocks as LVDS clock inputs to the carrier board
The FMC board can be configured to work with a number of FPGA development kits including:
- Microsemi RTG4 Development Kit – HPC1 and HPC2
- SmartFusion2 Adv Dev Kit – HPC and LPC
- PolarFire MPF300 Evaluation Kit – HPC
- Xilinx Spartan-7 SP701 evaluation kit
- Xilinx Kintex-7, Virtex-7 and Zynq development boards including but not exclusive to the KC705, VC707/VC709 and ZC702 evaluation kits
- Xilinx Ultrascale, Ultrascale+ and Zynq Ultrascale+ development cards including but not exclusive to KCU105, VCU118 and ZCU102
The number of SpaceWire and SpaceFibre ports which can be connected is dependent on the carrier board. The datasheet lists the connector to FMC pin connectivity which can be used as a reference for development card support.
Please check with STAR-Dundee using the Contact Us page for compatibility with other development kits.
Standard FMC High Pin Count (HPC) connector
4x SpaceWire connectors with tri-colour status LEDs
2x SpaceFibre connectors
On-board selectable 125 or 156.25 MHz oscillator connected to GBTCLK0 and GBTCLK1
Optional external clock input – 2x SMA connectors
Switch for setting different connections of the SpaceWire signals on the FMC HPC connector
20x GPIO pins
- Part Number
Single width PCB board approx 102mm by 68mm
- SpaceWire Ports
Compliant to ECSS-E50-12A and ECSS-E-ST-50-12C.
Number of SpaceWire Ports: 4
Connectors: 9-pin micro-miniature D-type
Standard LVDS buffer
- SpaceFibre Ports
2 SpaceFibre ports, SpaceFibre Type-C EGSE connectors
Compliant with the SpaceFibre standard