STAR-Dundee attended the Space Computing & Connected Enterprise Resiliency Conference for the first time, in Bedford, Massachusetts from June 4th – June 8th 2018.
STAR-Dundee took part in Session 5 (1:00PM – 3:30PM, DoubleTree): ‘Interconnects for Space – including SpaceVPX, SpaceWire, SpaceFibre, sRIO, TTE, standards/markets, and emerging standards.’
Dave Gibson, a Software Engineer at STAR-Dundee, gave a presentation covering the main features and benefits of SpaceFibre. Find out more about SpaceFibre here: https://www.star-dundee.com/knowledge-base/what-is-spacefibre.
Our last conference in May is Data Systems in Aerospace (DASIA) from the 29th-31st of May in Oxford, UK.
On May 29th, our CTO, Steve Parkes, will be presenting ‘A Wideband Spectrometer in the Microsemi RTG4 FPGA‘ at 16:00 in Room B and then ‘SpaceFibre Image Sensor and Data Processing Units’ at 16:30 in Room A.
On May the 30th, Steve will present a paper on PANGU ‘PANGU V4: A Software tool for testing vision-based guidence and navigation systems for in-orbit, entry descent and landing and surface mobility operations’ at 9:00 in Room A.
STAR-Dundee will also have a table in the exhibition hall where we will have a demonstration of PANGU.
See the full programme at the Data Systems in Aerospace (DASIA) website.
STAR-Dundee will be exhibiting at the Single Event Effects (SEE) Symposium & Military and Aerospace Programmable Logic Devices (MAPLD) Workshop in San Diego on 21-24 May.
Visit our Stand to see the first demos of our new products Link Analyser Mk3, STAR Fire Mk3 and SpaceWire Gigabit Ethernet (GbE Brick) which will soon be relased for sale.
Our CTO, Steve Parkes, will also present on the topic ‘A High Availability, High Reliability SpaceVPX System’ on Wednesday 23rd of May. See the full programme on the Single Event Effects (SEE) Symposium & Military and Aerospace Programmable Logic Devices (MAPLD) website.
Featured Image: Our new products: Link Analyser Mk3, STAR Fire Mk3 and SpaceWire Gigabit Ethernet (GbE Brick).
May is a busy month for all at STAR-Dundee. We will be at 3 events: SpaceWire Conference, SEE/MAPLD and DASIA.
From 14-18 May we will be at the SpaceWire Conference in Los Angeles.
On Monday the 14th Steve Parkes, our CTO and author of the SpaceFibre standard with inputs from several spacecraft engineers, will be presenting a SpaceFibre tutorial, explaining how the protocol operates and how it can be used to solve many communications problems on-board spacecraft. This tutorial is free for everyone registered for the SpaceWire Conference. More information can be found on the SpaceWire Conference website programme page.
STAR-Dundee’s CEO, Stuart Mills, will Chair the ‘Missions & Applications’ session from 11:30-12:35 on Tuesday the 15th and STAR-Barcelona Director and R&D Engineer Albert Ferrer Florit will chair the ‘Networks & Protocols’ session from 13:30-15:00 on Wednesday the 16th.
Employees from STAR-Dundee have contributed to a number of papers which will be presented at the conference. The titles, authors and times are below:
Tuesday the 15th:
- (51) Stuart Mills, Chris McClements, David Paterson, Pete Scott, Steve Parkes; TESTING OVER ETHERNET WITH THE SPACEWIRE GBE BRICK (10:30-11:00)
- (56) Albert Ferrer-Florit, Alberto Gonzalez Villafranca, Steve Parkes, Chris McClements;SPACEFIBRE INTERFACE AND ROUTING SWITCH IP CORES (15:25 – 16:15)
- (54) Steve Parkes, Ashish Srivastava, Chris McClements, Pete Scott, David Dillon, Albert Ferrer Florit, Alberto Gonzalez Villafranca; SPACEFIBRE CAMERA (9:00-10:15)
- (55) Steve Parkes, Pete Scott, David Dillon, Martin Dunstan, Chris McClements, Albert Ferrer Florit, Alberto Gonzalez Villafranca; SPACEVPX-RTG4 BOARD WITH SPACEWIRE OR SPACEFIBRE BACKPLANE (9:00-10:15)
- (52) Stephen Mudie, David Gibson, Chris McClements, Stuart Mills, Steve Parkes; TESTING SPACEFIBRE EQUIPMENT AND SYSTEMS (15:15-16:30)
- (53) Stephen Mudie, David Gibson, Chris McClements, Stuart Mills, Steve Parkes; SPACEWIRE LINK ANALYSER MK3 AND SPACEWIRE RECORDER (15:15-16:30)
Visit the SpaceWire Conference website for the full programme.
STAR-Dundee will also be exhibiting at the conference. Visit our stand to be one of the first to see demos showcasing three new products: the Link Analyser Mk3, STAR Fire Mk3 and SpaceWire Gigabit Ethernet (GbE Brick) which will soon be relased for sale.
Registration for the SpaceWire conference is open until the 14th of May – register here: http://2018.spacewire-conference.org/registration/
Featured Image: Electronics Engineer Pete Scott ready to demo at the SpaceWire Conference 2018.