The 8th International SpaceWire Conference will take place in Los Angeles, USA from 14th-18th of May 2018.
The conference aims to bring together product designers, hardware engineers, software engineers, system developers and mission specialists interested in and working with SpaceWire and SpaceFibre to share their latest ideas and developments. The conference is for both academics and industrialists and will be attended by representatives from industry and the major space agencies.
The technical programme will include sessions dedicated to the below topics:
- Missions and applications, which covers missions using SpaceWire and SpaceFibre, how they have been used on existing or planned spacecraft and other applications of these technologies.
- Components which covers devices supporting the SpaceWire and SpaceFibre Standards such as sensor devices, electronic components, ASICs & FPGAs, cables and connectors.
- On-board equipment and software, which covers products supporting the SpaceWire and SpaceFibre Standards including on-board equipment, instruments and related on-board software.
- Test and verification, which covers the test and verification of SpaceWire and SpaceFibre components, equipment and systems including FPGA/ASIC validation techniques, cable/connector testing and approaches to system level test.
- Networks and protocols, which covers network architectures, configuration, discovery and “plug and play” concepts, higher-level protocols for SpaceWire and SpaceFibre and related software designs and issues.
- Standardisation, which covers the SpaceWire and SpaceFibre Standards, new protocols being prepared for standardisations and candidates for future standardisation.
The call for papers is open and the deadline for abstracts is the 28th of October.
More information on this here: 2018.spacewire-conference.org/call-for-papers
Interested in being an exhibitor at the conference?
Find out more information here: 2018.spacewire-conference.org/exhibitor-information
The proceedings of the 2016 SpaceWire conference held in Yokahama, Japan can be seen here: 2016.spacewire-conference.org/proceedings
For more information visit the conference website here: 2018.spacewire-conference.org